My sister-in-law is in the hospital; we're not sure if it's really serious yet but suspect it is, since she's nestled in the Critical Care Unit with many machines and things attached to her. She is very talkative, however, and when I went to see her yesterday we chatted nonstop for a good hour (she talked mostly, and I listened). She's not particularly weak and is keeping herself in good spirits, although residing in the CCU is frightening. I don't think she's dying, but she's got some problems and they're trying to make sure they do a full diagnosis before they make any decisions.
Me: So do you want me to let Father K know you're in here?
Her: Sure. He can come in and sit down and we can stare at each other.
Me: Would you prefer Father N? He's at ...
Her: Church of Our Lady. I was never very thrilled with him, no.
Me: Up to you, just asking. You know, I can't help it, but I actually genuinely like Fr. K.
Her: You just want to Mother Hen him.
Me: Well, sort of. What I really want to do is sit him down and tell him that he's doing some things absolutely great and that he's so fucking other things up that I want to shake him.
Her: You might want to soften that approach a bit.
Me: I should really curb the swearing, right? It'll detract from the point of the conversation.
Her: Something like that. You'd never be able to do it though.
I'm so transparent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment