And I'd appreciate it a whole lot more if the furnace hadn't quit working sometime on Wednesday night and if I weren't sitting here in the house typing on a laptop that feels warm to my touch, and if the temperature outside was going to warm up today or even tomorrow, I'd be all okay about being chilly inside. It's not supposed to get above freezing until Sunday, and by the time Happy the Furnaceman arrived yesterday, it was too late to get a new furnace (for that is what we need) before Monday. Maybe Tuesday. It's not going to be warmer than 5C before Wednesday next week, so this chilly air will prevail. I am less than pleased.
Everyone else is next door making special Italian cookies that I can't type the name of because I don't know if it's a real Italian word or not, or just a dialect bastardization of another word....anyway, if you know that in French, potato chips (or crisps if you're in Britain) are called "croustilles" (and you would know that here because it's supposed to be on all of our bilingual food labels) then the word in Italian for what everyone is making next door (and over at Zia Lucia's, where we will go on Sunday for a bit) is similar to that but with more "oo" sounds... anyway, it's a deep-fried cookie dough that's gone through the pasta roller a few times, and then after deep-frying you coat the things with sugar.
Nothing says Easter like fat, flour and sugar.
My apologies for the run-on nature of many of the previous sentences. Being cold and slightly pissed off and did I mention cold? makes me keep talking without stopping. Oh, and we aren't mentioning the job thing because no, I still haven't heard anything. Let's just keep the anxiety to a minimum here though, and focus on the immediate situation.
It's warm next door at my brother-in-law's place. I could bitch about being cold here, but I only have to walk 20 meters to be warm, so I'm going to do that. I'll even take Brother's Christmas sweater...and rip out the part where I missed decreasing for the arm holes. Dopey me.


No comments:
Post a Comment