First, I had to wash the dress about ten times, by hand and in the machine on the hand wash cycle.
It's pretty, no? although it's a bit weird that it's all floaty in the water like that. The dress itself had an odour of old smoke and ancient dressers, and it had been in a box in my basement for two years (longer, actually, but this basement, two years.) It was yellow all over and I didn't think I'd get it cleaned out. I did.
There's a tear on the left hand side, where it's possible that someone wanted to let the dress out a little bit. I sewed up the side seam, and the waist gathering and solved the problem of the rent in the gown.
The dress fits and isn't too long. It's pinkish which is not really a good colour for me, but it's so well-made that the colour is forgiveable. Grandma made this dress, about 55 years ago for my mum, for a piano recital.
I'm too tired to keep writing this tonight, but isn't that a pretty dress?


No comments:
Post a Comment