These have been days of event. I could have written on Friday, when we were being buried under mounds of snow and none of us made it to work....schools and universities were closed....I sat here on the couch and made a hat for the Big One (StaceyJoy's Katie Hat. I will take a picture.) The snow came down all day, and Hub went out shovelling on and off all day, the kids played, I knit. Knitting is good. I could have done some work, I've got work to do at home, but it was a snow day. I also could have cleaned the house because god knows the house needs a cleaning, but no...I knit. Knitting was successful, I made a useful garment and it's fuchsia and it has really cool twisty shaping and it was lovely to knit. I do love a successful project.
Unfortunately, Saturday was not successful, although I did get to spend it on the couch. For some crazy reason my blood pressure tanked in the middle of the night, and I was left lightheaded and dizzy (or dizzy and lightheaded...believe it or not, the two are hard to distinguish) and not able to do much except lie here and not move. I don't think I was dizzy because the room was not spinning. I called Telehealth Ontario, the most fantastic bunch of R.N.'s anywhere, who chat you up and then help you decide if you need to see a doctor within four hours or within the next three days. This time, I'm on the next three days regimen, and that's okay with me. Since my doc is not available until Monday anyway, I'm good with waiting. Things got better as the day progressed, and I did sit at the table to have supper with the troops, although I hit the couch again soon after. I watched a lot of sports yesterday: the Habs beat the Islanders, there was some women's downhill from Saint Moritz (hey! Brenda Irving! would it kill you to use the French pronunciation??) and then a bit of news, and then Toronto skated all over Ottawa, which was good for Montreal. Do I normally watch hockey? Not really, but like anyone in this country, many of my Saturday nights have been punctuated with the HNIC song as I was heading out the door for an evening of revelry.
Today things are a bit better, as in I only sort of fell over on the way to the bathroom this morning, and I forced myself to sit up and to shower and to get dressed to go to mass. After that I asked for a trip to Shopper's Drug Mart so I could actually check my blood pressure, which was a (normal for me) 108/64. So maybe it's not the blood pressure, although I'm sure it's not dizziness but lightheadedness that I'm feeling. I made the Sunday pancakes and ate sitting up like a human, and then hit the couch again to pound this out and prove that I am still functioning.
There is still snow outside, and you might be thinking, "20cm of snow fell on you the other day. Of course there's still snow!" except that the weather is mental, and on Tuesday the temp is supposed to go to 9C, and that's warm enough to melt it all to a slithering mess again. Oooh! maybe the fainty feeling will pass and I'll get another weather-induced headache from hell! How exciting!
Or, you know, maybe I will just stop thinking about myself and my tiny ills.
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment