Speaking of tomorrow, BF1 is coming in for a visit. Now back in September BF2 came for a visit and we went down to Niagara and chased down some wineries and I got him to buy lunch at a very nice place (thanks again darling), so it's no surprise that on Saturday BF1 and I are piling ourselves into the car for an overnight tour of the region. "Don't drink and drive," said Hub the other day. "Uh....isn't that the point?" I asked him. "Well, don't drink and drive heavily," he said, whereupon we got into a tussle about how much weight one could put on after two sips of wine and whether that was really a necessary comment about the size of my ass.
Oh. Am I digressing again? Well, the girlies are heading down for some mischief, and it's a well-deserved break that we're taking. Our original plan had been to go to Chicago and crash with BF2, but that flight was prohibitive and just not working out well for any of us, timing-wise, so when I suggested this weekend getaway there was much cheering and back-slapping and flight-planning. We are staying at a regular hotel, so that we can have dinner here, and while I could try to outline our whole trek, I suspect we'll sit with a map and a drink and a piece of pizza tomorrow night and hash it out. I have ideas, but it should probably be more of a team effort.
So along with the volunteering I've been knitting more than usual. I finished this for someone tonight, and although it needs blocking it's otherwise done. Forgive the shadows and the crap quality of the picture, and enjoy instead the cosy cottony-ness of it all. It's ribbed (for her enjoyment) and very stretchy (I don't know whose enjoyment that's for) but if it gets lumpen and out of shape, one tosses it in the wash and then makes it dry in the right size and shape again, and finishes that in the dryer so that it shrinks up just a little bit. One problem with cotton sweaters is they stretch out to places you don't want them to stretch to, but that doesn't usually happen in the first wearing. It's from Sarah Dallas's Vintage Knitting, and she has a ribbed collar but ye gods in heaven I could not get the ribbed collar to match up with the existing body, so I gave up and made a rolled collar instead.
Now I'm going to make this, and I'm also halfway through a plain pullover for The Big One. It's made from Brigg's & Little's three ply wool, an heathery purple colour that is beautiful, but their yarns are itchy so I don't know how happy she's going to be with it. If she doesn't love it and refuses to wear it I will simply burst into tears and wail until she feels sorry enough for me to put the thing on already and not complain.
Hub said a funny thing tonight. After dinner he volunteered to go out to the grocery store because we need a few things for tomorrow and I won't have a lot of time to get them, but the trip did not go well. In fact, he said, when he got home, that "The whole thing was covered in Wrong Sauce."
And I think we all know what kind of shopping trip that was.


No comments:
Post a Comment