A headcold. A snot-train can't breathe without making a lot of noise, drag me out, have to give two back-to-back lectures tomorrow and an office hour and then practice my seminar for the rest of the afternoon while sneezing all the while, headcold. Thanks to the chemistry department where I am currently teaching, where everyone seems to have picked up a little viral something over the course of "Study Break" (oh man, that cracks me up every time)....now I too, have caught the beast. Hub says, "Yes, [cold remedy of choice] should be taken as much as possible, but it won't really help. You will still feel like shit." Ah, thank you darling. You know how to make a girl feel special.
Interview on Thursday. Headcold on Tuesday prior to interview. Agh isn't just a cry of anguish, it's pretty much the only sound I'll be able to make on Thursday. Remember I said this is going to be an all-day (12 hour, no word of a lie) interview? Think of the commercial: Now, with more mucus! Woohoo!
What outfit goes with slime? I will have to scour the closet to find the exact match.
Luckily, the talk is pretty much ready, I just have to practice it a few times. I have to do some other funding research and read over exactly what it is that I promised them in my letter of application, and that's about it.
"That's about it," translates to: this is a full day's worth of stuff to do, and I don't have enough overheads to teach on Friday.
I'd fret, but the drugs are starting to kick in.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment