Tuesday, December 19, 2006

This Time of Year

I suppose that I should comment on This Time of Year, but I actually have little to say about it. There are many things to do, and many people talk about the Things To Do, and then we all do them, we say we won't do it again this way, and then next year we do it again. It's gotten to the point of not being particularly interesting. Christmas is many things, and "busy" is what many people call it. Until we moved, we didn't have much in the way of obligations at Christmas, and quite frankly, that was very pleasant. Presents were opened, a meal was eaten, otherwise there were no parties to go to, no family to visit, just hanging out together. This year will be different but in the big scheme of things, pretty low key compared to most people who have more obligations.

So it's a boring thing to talk about, This Time of Year, and I probably won't bother bringing up the topic again. Yes, the children are excited, and the various family members fuel that excitement. I am looking forward to the days off when I can work without interruption...or so I hope...and what?? work during The Holidays?? Yes. I like my work as much as I like my holidays, and besides, I have things due in January and the dates aren't going away.

I'm not depressed about the season or anything like that, it's just that I don't think it's necessary to blog about all the things I'm doing or the shopping or the eating or the worry about money etc. etc. Or the fact that I'm sending out my Christmas cards today.

No comments: