Monday, December 22, 2008

Okay, I get it...

Yes, I'm behind in the posting. Almost a month behind. It will be Christmas in a couple of days, and here I've not said anything about the crazy panic nest that this house has been lately.

That changed yesterday. Absolute house of panic, until I got rid of my final paper for the arty course I was taking. I don't think it was my best work, but it had to leave. Of course immediately after pushing the submit button I found a place where I was supposed to have filled in a reference...this might not have been as obvious if I hadn't put ref? in bold letters in the document. Doh! but whatareyagonnado?

The next course I'm taking is very touchy-feely, writing the self I believe it's called. I think I have to keep an online journal and write in it every day. Expect to hear more about me talking about myself, the most fascinating subject I know. I assume that you are the most fascinating subject to you. That's okay.

The Christmas shopping is all done, I only knitted one thing for Christmas (the Noro scarf that a lot of people have been doing. It is fascinating how the colours turn out, makes you want to keep making them, which I might do but that entails buying more yarn, because I don't have more of that stuff. My problem with buying more yarn is that it's more yarn. More yarn in my house. I think I know of more than a few people who would have a negative opinion about that situation.) and I bought a lot of other presents. Not more than normal, but it felt like a lot. I am glad that the buying is over and that just the wrapping remains. I'm not thrilled with the wrapping, but it must be done.

That last paper? was a total pain. I am so glad of its little trip through the internet to my instructor.

It's getting a bit late, I have to get up early but just thought I'd stop in to say that I'm not dead. I am, however, only working until no later than 2:00 tomorrow, and I have a faculty guy on my back because he doesn't like the way I modelled some disorder in one of his molecules. He's had two months to resubmit this paper, and he bugged me about it at the last minute, and I'm inclined to tell him to piss off, although that would be rather bad form, even for me. I gave him this data a month ago, and now he's telling me that he's got five days to get it to the publisher. Really? how much do I care about that? I didn't even collect this data, I just fixed up the mess from someone else...although my version of fixing he doesn't want. I can fix it back. I just don't want to. Trials and tribulations of being lowly staff.........

2 comments:

Unbalanced Reaction said...

Whew! Sounds like you are in need of a looong vacation! I hope you have been able to take some time off.

Hilary said...

Ah, it's not so bad, just normal crazy...I tend to keep too many things going at once, that's all.