I doubt it, really. I don't think that I know too much about anything...but tonight, I felt like I knew too much and I was frustrated with this. I decided in the end, to just take my two hours of Yoga and Meditation for Healing and turn it into Things I Know How To Do But Forgot About.
You know how these workshops go....you're thinking as you drive to the studio that really, you could be spending your Sunday night finishing at least two sweaters. You made a lovely roast chicken with spectacular stuffing and gravy and mashed potatoes with an apple crisp chaser for dessert. You drank a not bad baco noir with dinner that wasn't great on its own but opened up to a beautiful flower in combination with the bird. You didn't have to go to the workshop, it was overbooked anyway and the fact that you had a spot is just because the instructors like you. You didn't have to be there, and you could have finished those two sweaters.
Out of the car, up the stairs, it's a chilly night and another sweater would have been a good idea. Carrying the fancy leather bag wasn't the smartest move ever, since there wasn't any spare room for the bag plus how come nobody else had a bag? Doesn't anyone carry i.d. or car keys or a wallet? Maybe not. They certainly all had their little water bottles...not the plastic ones, the Sigi ones. I covet those things by the way, and might pick up four of them and then toss all the nalgene bottles. Imagine such a thing.
The Sigi bottles retail for ridiculous amounts of money.
The yoga was simple, the talk about meditation and the practice itself very straightforward, the sitting was a breeze. It would have been helpful if the instructors had spoken above a whisper but I can't have everything. I would rather have been knitting. I didn't get the feeling that we were talking about healing and health as much as we could have, or as much as we should have. I was feeling disappointed about this, because I really wanted the workshop to be directly dedicated to health and healing, but it was still an introduction to Buddhist meditation and simple yoga practice.
After we sat for 15 minutes or so, we were instructed to come out of the meditation and we dedicated the evening to healing others. It was the only useful time of the evening.
Deep sigh. I would rather have been knitting.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment